" ActiveBatch provided us with the framework, security, and workflow management solution in an environment that had become unmanageable. Since implementing ActiveBatch, our IT operations have never been more organized and streamlined. "
-- Ruben Santiago, California Casualty Management Company
Overcoming IT Boundaries with ActiveBatch® Enterprise Job Scheduling & Workload Automation
Today’s IT organizations are faced with an increasingly distributed computing environment and an expanding set of technologies and applications that create more complexity. According to research by Gartner, most large organizations have beetween three and eight separate automation and job scheduling tools implemented in their environment.
IT organizations typically rely on scripting or platform-specific "point" tools, such as Windows Task Scheduler, UNIX Cron, SQL Server Agent, Concurrent Manager and others to automate IT processes. These tools are usually limited to specific technologies or process types and represent a "temporary" fix that often becomes outdated or insufficient over time, resulting in increased complexity, costs, and resources for maintaining them moving forward. This "elemental" approach results in silos of automation, therefore increasing the cost of operations (people and licenses), risk of system downtimes, delays, and missing Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Driven by the need to improve service levels and accountability to the business, IT organizations look to automation to streamline key business and IT operational processes.
Modern workload automation solutions like ActiveBatch provide an "architectural" approach to IT automation. ActiveBatch Workload Automation and Job Scheduling helps consolidate “point tools” by providing organizations with a unified scheduling and automation solution with cross-platform functionality that simplifies the automation and management of processes spanning the entire IT environment. As a result, organizations can build and automate workflows faster and with greater consistency, reduce the cost of IT operations, and more efficiently pass data and manage dependencies across systems and process types.
ActiveBatch delivers several key benefits including:
- Reduce the need for costly and time-consuming custom scripting and allow for faster workflow creation with ActiveBatch's Integrated Jobs Library, which provides users with hundreds of production-ready drag-and-drop Job Steps.
- Protect your existing script investment with a script vault that gives users one central and secure location for storage as well as lifecycle management capabilities that provide users with greater control, visibility, and revision rollback.
- Extend accessibility to applications, databases, and platforms with the ActiveBatch Service Library. The Service Library is a dynamic SOA and Web Services Tool that enables users to consume RESTful Services, WSDLs, and SOAP web services and turn them into reusable Job Steps.
- Dynamic management of workflows based on business policies and SLAs with automated provisioning and management of virtual and cloud environments.
- Script language independence and support for industry accepted technologies and protocols, including full support of the Windows security model (Active Directory).
ActiveBatch has been proven by over 1,900 customers in 47 countries to:
- Automate existing processes
- Accelerate the development of end-to-end workflows
- Decrease errors from manual operations
- Improve IT Service Levels
- Reduce the overall cost of IT operations