System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) Integration
ActiveBatch Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager
The ActiveBatch® Management Pack for Systems Center Operations Manager allows IT Operations staff to centrally monitor the performance and health of the ActiveBatch Job Scheduler, Windows, UNIX and Linux Execution Agents and other ActiveBatch Objects such as Jobs, Job Plans, etc with other important IT systems and components. When an alert is raised for an ActiveBatch Job Scheduler or Execution Agent service or a "tagged" object, timely alerts are raised that direct IT Operations members to the SCOM console where detailed information is available for the rapid resolution of issues that affect the health of your environment.
The ActiveBatch Management Pack performs comprehensive monitoring, along with other important systems from a centralized console, with greater efficiency and fewer dedicated personnel focused on key issues like:
- Are all ActiveBatch services running?
- Are targeted ActiveBatch Objects such as Jobs and Job Plans "active and available"?
- Are ActiveBatch systems in "maintenance mode" or are they available?
- Is ActiveBatch performing efficiently and reliably?
- Are Jobs and Job Plans succeeding?
- What is the success rate of jobs and plans that have finished?
- What ActiveBatch configuration changes (patches, hotfixes and/or updates etc.) were applied to the Job Scheduler and Execution Agent machines?
- What is the uptime of the Job Scheduler and Execution Agents?
Advanced Systems Concepts, Inc. (ASCI) and ActiveBatch® are part of the Microsoft System Center Alliance Program. The ActiveBatch Management Pack is separately licensed and can be downloaded from Microsoft® Pinpoint, "the largest directory of qualified IT companies and their software solutions built on Microsoft technologies" or directly from your "My ASCI" account.
ActiveBatch supports System Center Operations Manager 2012 and 2012 SP1.