IT Automation Without Boundaries
Overcoming IT Boundaries with ActiveBatch® Enterprise Job Scheduling & Workload Automation
"ActiveBatch provided us with the framework, security, and workflow management solution in an environment that had become unmanageable. Since implementing ActiveBatch, our IT operations have never been more organized and streamlined."
California Casualty Management Company
Today’s IT organizations are faced with an increasingly distributed computing environment and an expanding set of technologies and applications that create more complexity. According to research by Gartner, most large organizations have more than three workload automation tools implemented in their environment.
IT organizations typically rely on scripting or platform-specific "point" tools, such as Windows Task Scheduler, UNIX Cron, SQL Server Agent, Concurrent Manager and others to automate IT processes. These tools are usually limited to specific technologies or process types and represent a "temporary" fix that often becomes outdated or insufficient within three to five years, resulting in increased complexity, costs, and resources for maintaining them moving forward. This "elemental" approach builds silos of automation, therefore increasing the cost of operations (people and licenses), risk of system downtimes, delays, and missing Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Driven by the need to improve service levels and accountability to the business, IT organizations look to automation to streamline key business and IT operational processes.
In order to build and automate workflows faster and with greater consistency, reduce the cost of IT operations, and more efficiently pass data and manage dependencies across systems and process types, IT organizations should consider an "architectural" approach to IT automation. ActiveBatch Workload Automation and Job Scheduling helps consolidate “point tools” by providing organizations with a unified scheduling and automation solution with cross-platform functionality that simplifies the automation and management of processes spanning the entire IT environment.
ActiveBatch provides organizations with true integration and orchestration across disparate business processes, applications, and underlying infrastructure so organizations can develop and deploy workflows faster and more reliably. ActiveBatch delivers several key benefits including:
- Reduce the need for costly and time-consuming custom scripting and allow for faster workflow creation with the ActiveBatch Integrated Jobs Library, which provides users with hundreds of production-ready drag-and-drop Job Steps.
- Protect your existing script investment with a script vault that gives users one central and secure location for storage. Lifecycle management and revision history capabilities provide users with greater control and visibility by showing them who last edited a script and when, as well as the option to restore back to previous versions.
- Direct integration with third party applications, databases, and platforms. The ActiveBatch Service Library is a dynamic SOA and Web Services Tool that enables users to consume WSDLs and SOAP web services and turn them into reusable Job Steps. The ActiveBatch Service Library also supports .NET Assemblies, CLIs, and Stored Procedures.
- Dynamic management of workflows based on business policies and SLAs with automated provisioning and management of virtual and cloud environments.
- Script language independence and support for industry accepted technologies and protocols, including full support of the Microsoft security model (Active Directory).
- ActiveBatch is an object oriented system that streamlines workflows through its extensive use of job and plan referencing and variables, reducing the number of managed objects so you can reuse objects for maximum flexibility.
ActiveBatch has been proven in over 1,600 implementations to:
- Automate existing processes
- Accelerate the development of end-to-end workflows that automate your business processes
- Decrease errors from manual operations
- Improve IT Service Levels
- Reduce the overall cost of IT operations
Advanced Systems Concepts invites you to learn more about ActiveBatch Workload Automation and Job Scheduling, which has been recognized in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Workload Automation and by leading analyst firms such as Forrester Research and IDC.